I Watched “A Christmas Prince” Thanks To Buzzfeed… And Here’s The Verdict.

      Twas the season to watch a Christmas movie but I have absolutely no idea what to watch. 30 years of Home Alone is quite enough, I shall say. And on that fateful night, as I was scrolling through Buzzfeed, a quiz titled “Your Favorite Christmas Movies Will Reveal Which Netflix Christmas Movie You Should Watch” caught my attention like a star on the Christmas tree.

   After a few minutes of deep thinking on some of my favourite Christmas movies selection, it’s finally time for the big reveal. And Lo and Behold, the movie to watch tonight is… “A Christmas Prince”. And I was like oh no! Do I really have to dig in into another typical cheesy, Christmas Rom-Com!?



   So into IMDb I go, and it’s off to a bad start as a 5.7 rating greeted me, it’s the same feeling as when you visit your grandma, and the cousin you hate the most opened the door for you. And the reviews ain’t helping as well. The rating from the different users ranged from 1 to 10, So ya, not helping! Some of the reviews are “What if Hallmark and Netflix had a baby”, “The storyline is so predictable!”, “Possibly the worst movie I have ever seen in my life” to “Best Christmas, Romance and all around Family Movie EVER! WOW!!!”, “Captivating movie! This is a great movie to watch with the family during the Christmas day.”

   I was in a state of 2-5 minds after reading the reviews but just like a miracle on Christmas morning, an angel guided my eyesight onto the name of the leading actress, Rose McIver, AKA that lovely iZombie lady. Oh heck, it’s from Netflix, recommended by Buzzfeed and Rose McIver is in it and it had a sequel, it’s can’t be that bad, right? And you know what? Like a Christmas fruitcake, it’s really not that bad!



   Is it a Hallmark-Netflix hybrid baby? Yes, it is! Is it a typical “when a commoner meet Prince Charming” Rom-Com? Yes, it is! But is it also a feel-good Christmas-sy film where the family can get together for 2 hours without the need for a political discussion? Well, YES IT IS! And it’s actually not that predictable, some plotlines actually did catch me by surprise. And Rose McIver was brilliant in it, not overly just a pretty girl next door like most Xmas film leading actresses are, she has to make all the important decision to save Prince Charming (No spoilers) and had some really funny scenes. Ben Lamb is Prince Charming, He’s a Prince William lookalike, and like his doppelganger, he’s British-ly charming and well-liked. The rest of the casts are wonderful too, they acted quite well, you won’t turn off your tv because of their acting, that’s for sure.

   So if you are looking for a Christmas film that’s suitable for the whole family to watch after a hearty Christmas feast so as to avoid the traditional awkward relatives Q&A, Netflix and watch “A Christmas Prince”! Oh, and there’s plenty of magnificent Christmas-sy sceneries that will make even The Grinch’s heart double in size.

I Watched “A Christmas Prince” Thanks To Buzzfeed… And Here’s The Verdict. I Watched “A Christmas Prince” Thanks To Buzzfeed… And Here’s The Verdict. Reviewed by DevilRays9 on 23:39:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.